j. ashley sellen couture - FASHION STYLE BEAUTY
RSS

Recent Posts

Getting your Brows Microbladed? How I determine your brow color
Progression of Microblade Brows
Permanent Makeup and Microblade Brows!
Dress Remodel of the Day
Ordering your Gown Online and Alterations

Categories

Makeup Tips and Favorite products
Permanent Makeup
wedding gowns
wedding makeup and hair
powered by

My Blog

Getting your Brows Microbladed? How I determine your brow color

Spokane Microblading, Tattooed Brows and Permanent Makeup.

Countless clients first come to me, initially nervous and inquiring on how I will go about determining their brow color.  I thought I would answer that for you here!

First I will assess your skin tone - are you a cool or a warm?  To give you a good indication, very few people are "warm," except mainly people who are redheads or those who naturally "pull red".  If you are coined as one of these people you most likely know just who you are.  OR are you a neutral?  Most people are either neutral or cool in skin and hair tone. Is your skin hue of light, medium, or dark?  And what is your natural brow color?  What do your natural hair roots look like in color?

When deciding on your brow color I take multiple factors into heavy consideration.  I like to see what color you might use with your brow makeup.  If you are set on this color, and I agree it looks right on you, I'll choose your ink, veering somewhere toward that color direction deciding (based on the colors of your skin, your roots,. and natural existing brow hair) whether or not to go more cool or warm in tone.  Tattooed and Microblade Brows are not just for the ladies who love a dark brow - I have a large array of cool and warm blonde, auburn, gold, brown, and color balancing inks.  I am able to give the fairest of blondes the perfect blonde eyebrows, and copper toned red haired or strawberry blond colored ladies, natural looking and beautifully paired brows as well!

If you are a lady who has basically non existing brows and you are extremely nervous, I take extreme caution not to go too dark... In fact -  I will start you out lighter than what I think you should actually go. This is so you will not be terribly shocked upon immediately finishing the procedure.  That being said - I will also start out with your brow shape on the more modest and daintier side.  We can and probably will end up going darker and thicker at your touch up, pending your request to do so of course!

If you are a lady who has worn her hair a very dark color for many years, and is completely committed to it, and you tend to paint on your brows dark, heavy and thick on the daily  - then I will start you out with likely a neutral medium to dark brown.  This is usually the perfect starting point for a brunette.  When the procedure is finished - The first two days afterward are the darkest your brows will be, as they will fade up to 40% in the next two weeks.  Remember - it is always easier to ad more color and fullness later, so I prefer to ease you into the world of permanent makeup at first!

If you are naturally grey or white - well this is where we have a little more creative license.  A more mature lady usually has a very heavily precedented preference in the way she wants her makeup and brow/ hair color.  I can usually tell if she was once a natural blond or brunette in her youth, and we will choose a color based on this information, as well as her general skin tone and preference.  If she is a white to light grey in hair color, I tend to go more on the blonde side.  But if she is a dark salt and pepper color range, a bit darker and cooler of a brown will usually be a good fit on her.

Most importantly - I definitely take a woman's preference for color into heavy consideration when choosing your ink/s.  I will take your requests alongside my knowledge of color and skin tones, and come up with your color - all things considered.  My goal is to have 100% satisfaction with my clients!

12 Comments to Getting your Brows Microbladed? How I determine your brow color:

Comments RSS
hanryleo on Monday, October 01, 2018 12:39 AM
Very impressive website it is. I saw all the blogs of this site and all are very well. This post which you share about the brows microbladed is very interesting for women. I must share this with others. Keep sharing. rubber gym mats
Reply to comment

best writing service on Thursday, November 01, 2018 2:12 AM
I found your website while researching about microblading. From what I understand it's like tattooing your eyebrows. I wanted to find out if there are risks and what are the right things to do post procedure. I gathering information because I am seriously considering undergoing the procedure. I am not those lucky ones with filled eyebrows. I literally have to drawn on eyebrows to have a pair. It takes me a long time. With this procedure, I am hoping that good to go each time I go out with just a touch of lipstick, powder and mascara. Now I find out you can choose the color to match your skin tone. Thank you for this information.

Dwayne on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 4:14 AM
Very useful post here. You have shared a very good post with us that how I determine your brow color. Your style of the presentation of the post is good. Thanks for it. playground flooring
Reply to comment

David on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:03 AM
No doubt this post is one of the best and informative post here. I really like this post. Thank you very much for sharing it and carry it. heavy duty metal shelving
Reply to comment

Smith on Friday, October 19, 2018 12:48 AM
Very impressive post.I read this post four time and really impressed to see this post. I bookmarked this post to visit again here. Thanks. rubber sheet rolls
Reply to comment

Johny on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 2:53 AM
Glassslippermakeovers is really perfect and well written stuff for everyone, I do agree with all of the concepts you've presented to your post. Visit us know
Reply to comment

lg home bot square black frid on Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:15 AM
lg home bot square is one of the amazing robotic vacuum i have ever used
Reply to comment

Lawrence Todd Maxwell on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:05 AM
I admire people who keep sharing valuable stories through great writing. I'm glad to have read this blog. Thanks and hope to read more soon.
Reply to comment

Lawrence Todd Maxwell on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:05 AM
Reply to comment

Johny on Thursday, November 01, 2018 3:05 AM
Glasss lip per make overs is my favorite website, because i get powerful fashion tips from here, Totally unique article you have shared everyday. continue reading
Reply to comment

terabytes gigabytes petabytes on Saturday, November 03, 2018 4:28 AM
you wins our heart every time when you post. i am also trying to follow you. i have website related to hard disks for computer.
Reply to comment

Steve John on Friday, December 07, 2018 3:44 AM
Yes its prefect guide you have shared with me. I subscribe this post. Many people get benefits from this website. I am really very thankful to you. Keep it up! Rubber playground tiles for safety
Reply to comment